Teachers strike over merger
Thursday 05 July 2012
Teachers at a community school threatened with a merger with a religious school are to stage a one-day strike today in protest.
Members of the National Union of Teachers at Village Infants School in Dagenham are angry about proposals to amalgamate it with William Ford Church of England Junior School.
Teacher Yolande Cattle said she and her colleagues had not taken the decision lightly. "We don't want to disrupt the pupils or their families but we feel this may be the only way for the council to listen to us."
Stand by for another DECADE of wet summers, say Met Office meteorologists
'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
£16000 - £23000 per annum + OTE £23k - £45k: Connex Education: Connex Educatio...
£19000 - £24000 per annum + OTE £30k+: Connex Education: Connex Education are ...
£8 per hour: Connex Education: Connex Education are looking to hire a Temporar...
£16000 - £23000 per annum + OTE - £23k - £45k: Connex Education: Connex Educat...