The Independent and Genes Reunited are offering every Independent reader a free four-week trial to the Genes Reunited website. This membership will allow you to:
* Contact other members and discover your family history
* View other members' family trees
* Post messages on all message boards
* Add photos to your family tree
To take advantage of this exclusive free trial, simply follow the instructions below. You have until midnight on 14 October 2007 to take advantage of this offer.
If you are already a registered user of Genes Reunited you can skip steps one to four. Sign in as normal and select the option to "Redeem your Independent voucher"
Step one: Visit www.genesreunited.co.uk/?sk=8
Step two: Select the option "Register now FREE"
Step three: Fill in your details as requested and click the " Register" button at the bottom of the page.
Step four: Select the "Continue" button underneath The Independent logo on the right hand side of the page.
Step five: Enter the promotion code from The Independent on Sunday, 30 September.
Step six: Fill in your credit card details as requested. No money will be taken from your account but you will need to have a Visa, Mastercard, Visa Delta or Visa Electron card to be able to take advantage of this offer.
Step seven: Click on the "Upgrade" button. Your free trial has now been activated. You will be sent an email confirming your trial membership.
Your free trial will last for 28 days. If you do not cancel your membership before the end of the 28-day period you will be charged £9.95 for a six-month membership to Genes Reunited. You can set your membership to a "single membership" option at any point during your free trial by following the instructions below:
* Click on the "My Account" option when you are logged in to your account.
* Under the option "My membership and payment details" select the option of "Single Membership" and "save".
If you have any queries about registering for your free trial membership please contact the Genes Reunited Customer Services department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions: 1. You must have purchased a copy of The Independent on Sunday newspaper on 30 September 2007 to qualify for this offer. 2. The offer is for a four-week free trial with a standard Genes Reunited subscription only and does not cover the separate pay-per-view records section of the site. 3. You must enter your credit or debit card details to be able to redeem the offer. Only Visa, Mastercard, Visa Delta or Visa Electron are acceptable. 4. You can opt out of the free trial at any point over 28 days from activation of the voucher. If you have not opted out by day 28, then on day 29 you will be billed for a full standard membership (£9.95), commencing from the date of day 29 and valid for standard membership period (6 months). 5. The offer is only available to people who are subscribing for the first time to Genes Reunited, all renewal memberships are excluded. 6. You will need to enter the promotion code printed in The Independent on Sunday on 30 September 2007 on the Genes Reunited site to be able to redeem this offer.
7. This offer of a four-week free trial of full standard membership to Genes Reunited is subject to registration by debit or credit card only. 8. The voucher is only valid for two weeks from date of publication (30 September 2007). 9. The voucher can only be redeemed on www.genesreunited.co.uk and is available to residents in the UK only. 10. The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and has no cash equivalent. 11. The offer can only be used once by each individual. 12. Genes Reunited may withdraw or amend the offer at any time without liability to the individual. Any such changes will be posted on Genes Reunited website. 13. Genes Reunited shall not be responsible for any damage, loss or disappointment in connection with this offer, whether related to availability or otherwise. 14. Standard Independent News & Media and Genes Reunited terms and conditions apply. See www.independent.co.uk/legal and www.genesreunited.co.uk/genesreunited.asp?wci=grstatic& amp;type=terms