Alcohol ads 'appeal to young'
Thursday 15 March 2012
Children as young as 10 are more familiar with some alcohol brands than popular foods and snacks, new research suggests.
The report, by the charity Alcohol Concern, calls for a change in the law to restrict television advertising of alcohol and to ban alcohol sponsorship of events that particularly appeal to young people.
The research showed 79 per cent of children correctly recognised Carlsberg and Smirnoff vodka as alcoholic drinks, while 74 per cent recognised Ben and Jerry's as ice cream and just 41 per cent knew Mr Kipling was cakes.
Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
Costa Concordia: Shipment of Mob drugs was hidden aboard cruise liner when it hit rocks off Italian coast, investigators say
Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
A new (old) cure for MRSA? Revolting recipe from the Dark Ages may be key to defeat infection
Turkey power cut: Prime Minister says nationwide blackout could be caused by terrorists
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
£38000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: A leading consu...
£12 - £15 Hourly Rate: Sheridan Maine: Are you an experienced Accounts Assista...
£21,000 - £24,000 Annual: Sheridan Maine: Are you looking for a new opportunit...
£55,000 - £65,000 Annual: Sheridan Maine: Are you a qualified accountant with ...