Beale's best in show: Raindance film festival (4Creative)
Monday 08 September 2008
I'll be honest: it's unlikely that you'll stumble across this week's Best In Show. After all, it's for the Raindance film festival.
Raindance is the UK's largest celebration of independent film-making and it's taking place in London this October, so it's not exactly the sort of brand you'll find advertising in the centre-break of Corrie.
Still, the ad campaign to launch the festival is definitely worth seeking out: raindance.co.uk. It's a cheeky little short in its own right, really; at about two minutes long it's almost too indulgent to be an ad. Perhaps we should consider it a trailer.
Anyway, it's made by Channel 4's in- house creative department, 4 Creative, which has spent the last few years winning itself a credible reputation as an advertising powerhouse. The Raindance promo is called "So I fell in love with a Zombie", which might give you an idea of what to expect. Think horror flick pastiche, a sort of zombie rom-com. Zombie girl chases boy, they flirt, have fun, her head falls off. Very hammy horror, but lovingly made with more charm than gore.
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This national business publishi...
£14500 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£22 - £25k basic + Commission=OTE £35k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Bathroom Sh...
£18 - 20k + Benefits: Guru Careers: An Account Executive / Account Manager is ...