Best In Show: Virgin Airlines (Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R)
Monday 12 January 2009
Since our subject this week is controversy, what do you make of the new Virgin Airlines ad by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R. Sexist?
It celebrates Virgin’s 25th anniversary with a glorious romp through the clichés of the 80s: big mobile phones, shoulder pads, braces – all nicely nostalgic and therefore (in ad terms at least) very now. Then swathing through this sea of embarrassment (yes, we really did look like that) stride the glamorous Virgin air hostesses, every one of them perfectly gorgeous.
Sexist? I say not. Sexy certainly, and a wonderful reminder of the excitement and, yes, glamour, that Virgin managed to harness for its debut.
350 skinny dippers brave Northumberland seas for record attempt at mass naked swim
Rihanna 'nude photos' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
Jennifer Lawrence leaked 4Chan sex video branded 'fake' by forum users
Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
- 1 Rihanna 'nude photos' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 Frank Lampard equalises for Manchester City against Chelsea: how Twitter reacted
- 3 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
£15-20k (DOE) + Benefits / Bonus: Guru Careers: We are seeking a bright R...
£25 - 40k (DOE) + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Web Desig...
£60000 - £85000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Interim Head of Marketing / Marketin...
£28000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Software Application Support Analyst - Imm...