Best In Show: Virgin Airlines (Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R)
Monday 12 January 2009
Since our subject this week is controversy, what do you make of the new Virgin Airlines ad by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R. Sexist?
It celebrates Virgin’s 25th anniversary with a glorious romp through the clichés of the 80s: big mobile phones, shoulder pads, braces – all nicely nostalgic and therefore (in ad terms at least) very now. Then swathing through this sea of embarrassment (yes, we really did look like that) stride the glamorous Virgin air hostesses, every one of them perfectly gorgeous.
Sexist? I say not. Sexy certainly, and a wonderful reminder of the excitement and, yes, glamour, that Virgin managed to harness for its debut.
Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
UK weather: Warning for more snow and ice as freezing temperatures and gales hit Britain
Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
UK weather: Travel chaos continues as King's Cross train delays add to snow on roads
The Unluckiest People of the Year 2014 (and one very unlucky giraffe)
- 1 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 2 Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
- 3 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 The Unluckiest People of the Year 2014 (and one very unlucky giraffe)
- 5 Magna Carta will be 800 years old next year – the perfect reminder of the rights and freedoms we must hold dear
£40000 - £45000 per annum + car allowance: Ashdown Group: Senior Brand Manager...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: We are seeking a .NET Developer /.NET Software ...
£18 - 24k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Marketing Analyst / Online Marketing...
£Neg. (DOE) + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Technical Ope...