Has Peta gone too fur?
Is latest poster effective for animal rights - or just offensive to women?
In keeping with its agenda of raising awareness by raising hackles, animal rights group Peta has unveiled its latest campaign, which compares a non-depilated female bikini line with wearing fur.
“Fur trim: unattractive” reads the slogan, slapped across the image of a model in her undies, sprouting what can only be described as a yeti’s Movember effort from either side of her slinky pink gusset.
Clearly, this imagery is just a bit, well, distasteful – that’s what PETA does, and sometimes it’s effective. But that’s before you consider how grotesquely offensive it is to women to imply that their natural thermal layering is a) sexually off-putting and b) the same as wearing parts of a dead animal.
Not since John Ruskin fainted at the sight of his wife’s muff have we seen such arcane and ignorant semi-sauciness. And you’d think Peta would know better, too, seeing as they’re normally the ones with their knickers in a twist.
Three-year-old boy shoots pregnant mother and father in New Mexico
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
Benedict Cumberbatch's Alan Turing gay-rights campaign snubbed by Prince William and Kate Middleton
Kim Sears responds to swearing controversy with 'parental advisory' T-shirt at Andy Murray's Australian Open final
Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 1 Three-year-old boy shoots pregnant mother and father in New Mexico
- 2 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 3 Jewish community urged to boycott Cornwall village after residents vote for 'Hitlers Walk' sign to be reinstated
- 4 Benedict Cumberbatch's Alan Turing gay-rights campaign snubbed by Prince William and Kate Middleton
- 5 Kim Sears responds to swearing controversy with 'parental advisory' T-shirt at Andy Murray's Australian Open final
£15000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Now our rapidly expanding and A...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Lead Web Develo...
£33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An External Relations Executive is requi...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This established Digital Agency based in East ...