Marketing: QR codes on pints? I'll drink to that
When is a pint not a pint? When it's a social-media experience. Guinness's latest innovation is a glass whose design becomes a QR code when filled with the black stuff.
Gimmicky, but cool. By running your smartphone's reader over the code it allows you to unlock, then update your "Guinness pint-drinking status" on Facebook and get money-off coupons.
A new trend, then, or the dregs at the bottom of the ad department's glass?
Saudi Arabia's King Salman sacks senior aide for 'slapping' a journalist behind him live on TV
Boston Marathon runner's search for mystery man she kissed ends with letter from his wife
Frankie Boyle on Scottish independence: 'In the Interests of Unity, F**k Off'
Italian police 'reveal' what Jesus looked like as a young boy
Florida couple forced to register as sex offenders for having sex on public beach
- 1 Boston Marathon runner's search for mystery man she kissed ends with letter from his wife
- 2 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 3 Frankie Boyle on Scottish independence: 'In the Interests of Unity, F**k Off'
- 4 How to gain confidence and maximise your sexual potential
- 5 Chinese theme park sets up 'death simulator' where volunteers can experience being cremated
£20 - 25k + Bonus: Guru Careers: Are you a Recruitment Consultant looking to m...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + commission: SThree: Real Staffing's Pharmaceutical...
£50 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: We are seeking a Business Analyst / Digital Bus...
£30 - 40k (£65k Y1 OTE Uncapped): Guru Careers: We are seeking a Business Deve...