Current Google Insights trends: Michelle Obama, Tiger Woods
Monday 30 November 2009
The name of Michelle Obama is the top trending topic on Google Insights on November 30.
Searches for America's first lady, Michelle Obama, peaked on November 25 after searches for the term "Michelle Obama" on Google Image Search returned an image of Michelle Obama morphed with an ape as the top result.
The term continues to rise in search popularity as people heatedly debate Google's search results. Some suggest Google is responsible for promoting hatred and racism by including the image in its results while others claim removing offensive search results would restrict free speech and would promote an "internet dictatorship."
Professional golfer, Tiger Woods, was involved in a car accident on November 27, driving search queries for his name into the second place on Google Insights' list on November 30.
The search terms with the most significant growth worldwide in the last seven days as measured by Google Insights, recorded on November 30 at 9:30 AM GMT are:
1. michelle obama (+3,950%)
2. tiger woods (+1,500%)
3. adam lambert (+1,000%)
4. black friday deals (+550%)
5. black friday (+200%)
6. google wave (+120%)
7. best buy (+100%)
8. black friday 2009 (+80%)
9. walmart (+60%)
10. target (+60%)
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£25 - 30k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Trend Writer / Copywriter: Retail, Design and...
£28 - 32k + Uncapped Commission: Guru Careers: A Business Development Manager ...
£17 - 27k: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Digital Marketing Assistant to join ...