Derek Wallis dies aged 79
Wednesday 10 January 2007
Derek Wallis, a former football writer for
The Independent, died aged 79 on 5 January, his 53rd wedding anniversary.
He began his journalistic career with the Slough Observer and Portsmouth Evening News before joining the Daily Mirror in London. After more than 40 years with the Mirror, many as its leading football reporter and columnist in Manchester, he made a valuable contribution to the successful launch of The Independent in 1986.
Israel-Gaza conflict: Israeli targeting policy under scrutiny after shellfire hits a mother and child, a school full of refugees and a doctor’s home
Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
McDonald’s removes chicken nuggets from the menu in Hong Kong amid major food scare
Satellite full of sexually experimental geckos adrift in space, Russia loses control of mission
Costa Concordia finally towed from Giglio amid environmental concerns that cruise liner is a 'floating bomb'
- 1 Malaysian cyclist could face disciplinary action after 'Save Gaza' gloves protest
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 Fifty Shades of Grey trailer provokes moral outrage from US parenting groups
- 4 McDonald’s removes chicken nuggets from the menu in Hong Kong amid major food scare
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: A data analytics are currently looking t...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client who are a leading publisher in...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: A leading marketing agency is currently ...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: A leading marketing agency in Central Lo...