Live and kicking
Tuesday 16 May 1995
Persistent rumours that Mirror Group's Live TV boss, Janet Street-Porter, was about to walk out on the fledgling cable channel were firmly denied by her office. "We've got glass-walled offices here, and you can see her beavering away," a spokesman said. So are she and the Mirror TV head, Kelvin MacKenzie, former Sun editor, seeing eye to eye on everything? "Of course, there are tensions," the spokesman said. "We're spending £30m to launch this station, so both of them loudly say what they think."
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
Thatcher ‘was warned of Tory child sex party claims’
Lauren Goodger sex tape: Reality star calls for tougher laws on revenge porn after intimate video leaks online
Israel-Gaza conflict: President Obama presses Netanyahu to call ‘immediate and unconditional’ Gaza ceasefire
Iraq crisis: End 'very near' for Christianity after Isis takeover, says Bishop
- 1 Secret Cinema: Why were Back to the Future screenings cancelled?
- 2 Christians: The world's most persecuted people
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 4 Thatcher ‘was warned of Tory child sex party claims’
- 5 The Simpsons Family Guy trailer: First look at crossover episode after Comic-Con debut
£40000 - £45000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: This is an e...
£Neg. (DOE) + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: Combining a passion for Softwa...
£Neg. (DOE) + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: Lead Software Developer / Seni...
£Neg. (DOE) + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: A Digital Designer / Web Desig...