Friday 10 January 1997
Fifty years an alien
And brilliant since his teens
Than industry's to queens
You're never sure with Bowie
What it is he really means
But he plots with Brian Eno
And they fiddle with machines
Then he charms the paisley knickers
Off the music magazines
If he said, "Art begins with F"
They'd go and buy the beans
You wonder how he's done it
The years of wear and tear
He hasn't got a beer gut
He's hung on to his hair
And in spite of past excesses
He would seem to be all there
While other pop messiahs
End up languishing "in care".
So it's almost reassuring
When he blows the whole affair
By laughing Gnome, or Tin Machine
Or saying The Lord's Prayer
- 1 I was raped by another man. And now the Government wants to take away the one thing that saved my life
- 2 Wikipedia edits from inside Parliament removing scandals from MPs' pages, investigation finds
- 3 Preston fan who appeared to snatch Jermaine Beckford's shirt from eight-year-old boy identified and says: 'the truth will come out'
- 4 Johnny Depp facing 10 years in jail for illegally bringing dogs to Australia
- 5 Iran launches anti-Isis cartoon competition 'to expose true nature of Islamic State'
£20000 - £25000 per annum + uncapped commission, Benefits, OTE £100k: SThree: ...
£16 - 20k: Guru Careers: A Graduate Editor / Editorial Assistant is needed to ...
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...