MEDIA NEWS SNIPPETS
Tuesday 27 February 1996
RAC marketing chief, Jan Smith, has indeed set out to cherry-pick a "virtual agency" from across the industry, as reported last week. Elsewhere, the concept has suffered setbacks. One prophet, Jay Chiat, turned Chiat Day into a virtual shop back in 1994 with a huge investment in technology: in effect, this meant staff sitting wherever they liked - including their favourite bar. But when Chiat sold the agency to Madison Avenue rival TBWA, the idea died: this week TBWA's chairman insisted on having his own room, and secretary outside. At the London-based buy-out from Chiat Day, St Luke's, the virtual agency flourishes, though a spokesman explains that "you can't be Stalinist about it".
Is this a record? Bartle Bogle Hegarty has lost WH Smith's pounds 11m account for the second time in 14 months. WH Smith sacked BBH in December 1994, reinstated the account in March 1995, and this week announced its intention to withdraw again.
Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
Isis an hour away from Baghdad - with no sign of Iraq army being able to make a successful counter-attack
Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany
- 1 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 2 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 3 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
- 4 British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- < Previous
- Next >
£90000 - £135000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Marketing (B2C, Acquisition...
£60000 - £75000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: This is a busy and varied role w...
£60-70k fixed, double OTE uncapped: Sphere Digital Recruitment: The Senior Bus...
30,000: Sphere Digital Recruitment: My client is a global name within the ente...