News of the World launches paid-for website
Thursday 14 October 2010
The News of the World today became the latest News International title to launch a paid-for website.
It follows The Times and Sunday Times in charging users for online content.
Access will cost £1 for 24 hours or £1.99 for a four-week subscription.
The company said the site, www.notw.co.uk, will include new features such as a "Quick Flick" reader, a revamped video player and a magazine section, www.fabulousmag.co.uk.
An iPad app will follow with a separate weekly charge of £1.19.
Editor Colin Myler said: "The News of the World is an unrivalled destination for scoops. The new website makes the most of this, giving digital customers the chance to read the week's biggest stories first, along with exclusive video footage and pictures that won't be available anywhere else."
Presents unwrapped, turkey gobbled... it's time to relax
Sean Abbott: Messages of support flood in for bowler after death of Phil Hughes
Dr Lam Hoe Yeoh: Voyeur doctor jailed for eight years after using network of hidden cameras to film patients, colleagues and friends on the toilet
Kim Jong-un 'in dire need of allies' within his own government as younger sister appointed to senior role
Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
£30k - 35k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: We’re currently re...
£60k - 80k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: A fantastic opportunity ...
£35k - 45k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: We are currently recruit...
£50k - 55k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: An exciting opportunity ...