News of the World launches paid-for website
Thursday 14 October 2010
The News of the World today became the latest News International title to launch a paid-for website.
It follows The Times and Sunday Times in charging users for online content.
Access will cost £1 for 24 hours or £1.99 for a four-week subscription.
The company said the site, www.notw.co.uk, will include new features such as a "Quick Flick" reader, a revamped video player and a magazine section, www.fabulousmag.co.uk.
An iPad app will follow with a separate weekly charge of £1.19.
Editor Colin Myler said: "The News of the World is an unrivalled destination for scoops. The new website makes the most of this, giving digital customers the chance to read the week's biggest stories first, along with exclusive video footage and pictures that won't be available anywhere else."
Isis 'jihadi bride' claims forced sex with Yazidi girls is never rape because Koran condones it
Greek hospitals cannot afford painkillers, scissors or sheets as budget cuts bite
Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 1 Isis 'jihadi bride' claims forced sex with Yazidi girls is never rape because Koran condones it
- 2 Eurovision 2015 winner: Sweden beats Russia and Italy to take the title from Conchita Wurst
- 3 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 4 Mother 'will allow son's circumcision in return for release from prison'
- 5 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£30 - 35k: Guru Careers: A Senior Account Manager / SAM is needed to join the ...
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Digital Marketing Manager...