The Independent's Digital Managing Director moving on
Tuesday 10 August 2010
The Independent Print Ltd Digital Managing Director, Bill Swanson, has decided to leave his post at the end of the month. He is leaving to pursue a new opportunity at a boutique investment house specializing in the digital media space.
Bill joined The Independent five years ago to take digital responsibility for the business. Bill and his team brought profitability to the digital division in difficult market conditions, and at a time of uncertainty for the newspaper prior to its acquisition by Lebedev Holdings.
Bill Swanson said: "I have had five great years at The Independent. I don't think I have worked with such a loyal bunch of people and will miss the special camaraderie that The Independent manages to uniquely instil in its staff. But it is time to move on, and the opportunity to test my skills in a different yet challenging environment is exciting. The Independent digital operation is in a fantastic position to seize the opportunities that the market is yielding at the moment and I wish them all the best."
Andrew Mullins, Managing Director for Independent, Independent on Sunday and London Evening Standard, said: "Bill has been an important member of the Independent's management executive and leaves the digital division is excellent shape. We would like to thank him for his commitment and support and wish him all the best in his new career."
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Junior Business Systems Analyst role...
£30-35k (P/T - Pro Rata) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienc...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + up to £45,000: Sauce Recruitment: The Internation...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A thriving online media busines...