Award for The Independent's Science Editor Steve Connor
Thursday 05 July 2012
The Independent's Science Editor, Steve Connor, has been given a special merit award for his investigations into the tobacco industry.
Last year he revealed how the world's largest tobacco company, Philip Morris, was attempting to access confidential information about British teenagers' smoking habits. Connor said it was a great honour to receive the award, given by the European School of Oncology, in an age of journalism where "quantity often trumps quality". The winners will receive their prizes at a ceremony in Lugano, Switzerland, in October.
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Licence fee: What is the BBC charge – and how will the changes affect you?
- 3 This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
£30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£22000 per annum + pension,bonus,career progression: Ashdown Group: An establi...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Junior Business Systems Analyst role...
£30-35k (P/T - Pro Rata) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienc...