'Evening Standard' wins top awards
Saturday 30 October 2010
The Independent's sister newspaper, the London Evening Standard, has won two of the most prestigious accolades in publishing, being named Media Brand of the Year and also receiving the Grand Prix Gold at the Media Week awards.
The Standard beat the Financial Times, YouTube, Spotify and The Sun to win Brand of the Year at Thursday night's Grosvenor House ceremony.
It took the Grand Prix, which is awarded to the best media organisation across all prize categories, by beating Channel 4, the Telegraph Media Group and Guardian News & Media.
The judges said in their citation that the Standard had "quite simply ... stunned the market. Not just for the act of going free, but because editorial quality has been maintained, circulation has almost trebled and advertisers have responded favourably.
"Here is a media brand restored to health."
The Standard is owned by the Lebedev family, which also owns Independent Print Limited, the parent company of The Independent and The Independent on Sunday.
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Royal Marine Sgt Alexander Blackman jailed for life for murder of Afghan insurgent
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: "Exciting Audit S...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: As part of an ongoing effort to support local...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Put your media, photography and arts flair in...
£25000 - £30000 per annum + excellent benefits: PCR Recruitment Limited: Europ...