Independent cartoonist wins Political Cartoon of the Year 2012
Wednesday 05 December 2012
A cartoon by The Independent's Dave Brown has been named Political Cartoon of the Year 2012.
The cartoon, 'The Last, Last, Last Chance Saloon' (above) was published in last Saturday’s paper, and shows David Cameron's response to Lord Leveson's report. The cartoon was inspired by a painting by Degas.
The award, presented annually by the Political Cartoon Society, was voted for by the society's members together with the cartoonists of all the national newspapers in a ceremony at the Ellwood Atfield Gallery in Westminster's Smith Square on Tuesday night.
Dave Brown has previously won the Cartoon of the Year Award in 2003, 2006, and 2010.
Fracking is turning the US into a bigger oil producer than Saudi Arabia
Missing Malaysia Airlines plane: Details emerge of two young Iranians using stolen passports in search for a better life
Three-quarters of Britons are saying it wrong - the top ten most common mispronunciations
Oscar Pistorius trial: Athlete's friend asked him if 'he was f***ing mad' after shooting through sunroof
How climate change helped Genghis Khan: Scientists believe a sudden period of warmer weather allowed the Mongols to invade with such success
- 1 Watch: The student election Macklemore parody that isn't completely awful - and all the others that are
- 2 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 3 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government
- 5 Ian Wright breaks down in ITV documentary charting his rise to England and Arsenal striker
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: One of the largest mobile advert...
£960 - £1550 per month: Inspiring Interns: Our client has been at the forefron...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client is a leading digital agency bu...
£20000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: We're looking for t...