'Independent' cartoonist wins prestigious award
Saturday 03 December 2011
The Independent's Dave Brown has been named political cartoonist of the year by the Cartoon Art Trust.
It is the second time Mr Brown has won the prestigious title in the past decade. He was presented with the award by the MP Alan Johnson, the former Home Secretary.
Mr Brown produces political daily cartoons for The Independent and his selection by the panel of judges was a reflection of his consistent wit and incisiveness over the whole year.
He said after being presented with the award at a ceremony held at the Mall Galleries in London: "It's very nice to be recognised. You do what you do but aren't quite sure if anyone is getting it. This shows they do."
To see his latest work, click here
Stem cells that can kill cancer have been engineered by scientists
Ottawa shooting: 'Sergeant-at-arms shot suspect at point-blank range after diving around pillar'
Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
McKamey Manor: This 'extreme' haunted house is the stuff of nightmares
Jack Bruce dead: Cream bass player dies of liver disease aged 71
- 1 Stem cells that can kill cancer have been engineered by scientists
- 2 Ricky Gervais and Dame Judi Dench back campaign to stop Thailand dog meat trade
- 3 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
competitive benefits: Sauce Recruitment: Outstanding analytic expertise is req...
competitive + bonus + benefits: Sauce Recruitment: Are you the king or Queen o...
£50k + commission: Savvy Media Ltd: Great opportunity to work for a team that ...
£18000 - £30000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Do you feel like your sales role...