PCC to investigate journalist's blog
Saturday 19 March 2011
A blogpost by the columnist Melanie Phillips referring to the "moral depravity" of Arab "savages" is being "looked into" by the Press Complaints Commission.
The comment piece, which ran on The Spectator website last week entitled "Armchair Barbarism", lambasted media coverage of the murder of five members of a Jewish family in the West Bank by Palestinian militants this month. "The moral depravity of the Arabs is finding a grotesque echo in the moral bankruptcy and worse of the British and American 'liberal' media," Phillips wrote.
Engage, a group promoting Muslim engagement in UK society, said they have also reported the incident to the police. Fraser Nelson, editor of The Spectator, said: "We are quite clear that Melanie Phillips hasn't broken the PCC code."
Kensington flat branded ‘uninhabitable’ by estate agent on sale for a bargain £600,000
Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
Teenager dies after suspected ice bucket challenge goes horribly wrong
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- 5 Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
- < Previous
- Next >
£30-35k + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Management Accoun...
£40 - 60k + Amazing Benefits: Guru Careers: A UI Designer / UX Designer is nee...
£30 - 35k: Guru Careers: An SEO Manager / SEO Expert is needed to join an inno...
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...