Sally Bercow signs tabloid deal after reality TV foray
Tuesday 30 August 2011
Sally Bercow, the wife of the Commons Speaker John Bercow, has signed up as a columnist for the Daily Star Sunday following her reality television debut, prompting further howls of contempt from Mr Bercow's parliamentary colleagues.
The 41-year-old, who on Friday became the first contestant to be evicted from the Celebrity Big Brother house, has hit back at rumours of a divorce, insisting her marriage is "as solid as a rock", despite her husband's misgivings over her involvement.
Mrs Bercow, who has three children, said she was keen to take part in other television shows, but admitted her appearance had caused "the biggest fight" of her marriage.
Easter egg hunt horror as mother finds dead body under deck of house
Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Wreckage could be found within a week as search reaches 'very critical juncture', says minister
South Korea ferry disaster: Released transcripts show chaos and confusion in the moments before ferry sinks
Unbeliebable: The White House offer 'no comment' to anti-Justin Bieber petition
Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 1 Easter egg hunt horror as mother finds dead body under deck of house
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Unbeliebable: The White House offer 'no comment' to anti-Justin Bieber petition
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 How We Met: Alison Moyet & Emma Kennedy: 'I knew we'd be friends because she was happy to make a prat of herself'
£26K-30k + Bonus, Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension: Charter Selectio...
£25K-28k + Bonus, Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension: Charter Selectio...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: As part of an ongoing effort to support local...