Sally Bercow signs tabloid deal after reality TV foray
Tuesday 30 August 2011
Sally Bercow, the wife of the Commons Speaker John Bercow, has signed up as a columnist for the Daily Star Sunday following her reality television debut, prompting further howls of contempt from Mr Bercow's parliamentary colleagues.
The 41-year-old, who on Friday became the first contestant to be evicted from the Celebrity Big Brother house, has hit back at rumours of a divorce, insisting her marriage is "as solid as a rock", despite her husband's misgivings over her involvement.
Mrs Bercow, who has three children, said she was keen to take part in other television shows, but admitted her appearance had caused "the biggest fight" of her marriage.
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
£25 - 32k DOE: Guru Careers: A digital-savvy Marketing Account Manager / Clien...
£23-30k (DOE) + Bonus: Guru Careers: We are seeking bright Business Developmen...
Circa £55,000: Ashdown Group: Lead Developer requirement - C#, ASP.NET, SQL - ...
38,000: Sphere Digital Recruitment: My client is an agency that handles the me...