The new magazine for hip(ster) daddios
You're a hipster in his thirties with a beard and a kid. What are you gonna read? About hipsters in their thirties with beards and kids. That's the thinking behind Kindling Quarterly, a new magazine about fatherhood launched this week in Brooklyn (obvs).
The journal, which includes a recipe for pumpkin gnocchi and a feature about travelling in Istanbul with a nine-month-old, has received tote-bags full of ridicule. The New Yorker: "Surely an unsympathetic person might say here is a catalogue of effete pseudo-bohemianism featuring locally sourced, artisanal children as the ultimate affectation." Co-founder Michael Perez, responding half-convincingly: "We're trying to be fathers the way a cook nowadays chooses ingredients and pays attention and takes time."
Apple has been hit by complaints about the 1.1GB download
Much-loved cartoon character returns - without Sir David Jason
Liam Neeson's Downton dreams
Matt Smith is set to join cast of the Jane Austen classic - with a twist
Actress to appear in second series of the hugely popular crime drama
Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
Scottish independence: Final opinion polls show undecided voters could swing result either way
Scottish independence: Almost half of No voters have felt 'personally threatened' by the Yes campaign
Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Revealed after 75 years of secrecy: 'Fifi' the glamorous WW2 special agent who tested British spies' resolve
- 5 Have you heard about the film Singapore has banned its people from watching? Well, you have now
£60000 - £85000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Interim Head of Marketing / Marketin...
£28000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Software Application Support Analyst - Imm...
£25 - 30k: Guru Careers: A Digital Project Manager is needed to join an exciti...
£24 - 28k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Paid Search Analyst / PPC...