The new magazine for hip(ster) daddios
You're a hipster in his thirties with a beard and a kid. What are you gonna read? About hipsters in their thirties with beards and kids. That's the thinking behind Kindling Quarterly, a new magazine about fatherhood launched this week in Brooklyn (obvs).
The journal, which includes a recipe for pumpkin gnocchi and a feature about travelling in Istanbul with a nine-month-old, has received tote-bags full of ridicule. The New Yorker: "Surely an unsympathetic person might say here is a catalogue of effete pseudo-bohemianism featuring locally sourced, artisanal children as the ultimate affectation." Co-founder Michael Perez, responding half-convincingly: "We're trying to be fathers the way a cook nowadays chooses ingredients and pays attention and takes time."
Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
Greece debt crisis explained: A history of just how the country landed itself in such a mess
German conservatives are destroying Europe with austerity, says economist Thomas Piketty
Man dies instantly after shooting firework from top of his head
Isis schoolgirl Amira Abase who fled London to join terrorists in Syria mocks victims of Tunisia massacre
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Greece debt crisis explained: A history of just how the country landed itself in such a mess
- 3 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 4 Greek debt crisis: Yanis Varoufakis's funniest (and most memorable) quotes
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
£12500 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A subscriptions and marketing a...
£15000 - £22200 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An ambitious candidate is requi...
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A sub-editor is required to joi...
£20000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Enjoying rapid growth we contin...