The new magazine for hip(ster) daddios
You're a hipster in his thirties with a beard and a kid. What are you gonna read? About hipsters in their thirties with beards and kids. That's the thinking behind Kindling Quarterly, a new magazine about fatherhood launched this week in Brooklyn (obvs).
The journal, which includes a recipe for pumpkin gnocchi and a feature about travelling in Istanbul with a nine-month-old, has received tote-bags full of ridicule. The New Yorker: "Surely an unsympathetic person might say here is a catalogue of effete pseudo-bohemianism featuring locally sourced, artisanal children as the ultimate affectation." Co-founder Michael Perez, responding half-convincingly: "We're trying to be fathers the way a cook nowadays chooses ingredients and pays attention and takes time."
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Follow the latest news and score as Chelsea take on Maribor at Stamford Bridge.
Board creates magnetic field to achieve lift
Company reveals $542m investment in start-up building 'a rocket ship for the mind'
Singer says the track was 'force-fed down people's throats'
Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
Oscar de la Renta dead: Legendary US fashion designer dies after long cancer battle aged 82
Oscar Pistorius: The brutal prison life that awaits disgraced athlete
Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
Super-sized ships arrive in Britain: How big can they get?
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 The inventor of the Facebook 'like' button says he never made a 'dislike' button because he feared the 'unfortunate consequences'
- 5 Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
competitive + bonus + benefits: Sauce Recruitment: An award-winning global mul...
£18000 - £30000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Do you feel your sales role is l...
£20000 - £45000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Key featuresA highly motivated ...
£50000 - £55000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Vendor Services Manager (...