Sacked 'Bill' star recovering
Saturday 12 January 2008
The Bill actor Jeff Stewart today moved to reassure his fans, saying he was "progressively improving" after slashing his wrists on being told he was to be axed from the show.
In a statement, Stewart said: "I love being an actor. My work as an actor is very important to me - it's my life - and the thought of this suddenly changing had an extremely serious effect on me."
Stewart, 52, who has played PC Reg Hollis in the ITV1 police drama since it began, was taken to hospital on Tuesday after an ambulance was called to the set in Merton, south west London.
Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
Maryland mother found pushing her dead child on a swing in a playground
16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
Nicola Sturgeon did want David Cameron to win the general election, report concludes
- 1 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
- 2 Irish people are travelling home from all over the world so they can vote to legalise gay marriage
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Witch doctor arrested after forcing newborn baby to walk in Indian village
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£30 - 35k: Guru Careers: A Senior Account Manager / SAM is needed to join the ...
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Digital Marketing Manager...