19 nominations in Emmys for 'Glee'
Friday 09 July 2010
Quirky musical comedy Glee and 1960s advertising drama Mad Men led the television series nominations yesterday for prime-time Emmy Awards in a cross-section of new faces and old favorites.
Five of the 12 comedy and drama series were first-time nominees in a move that should inject new excitement into a race that has been dominated for two years by the same faces.
Newcomer Glee, about a group of high-school misfits in a choir, garnered 19 nominations, including Best Comedy Series and Emmy nods for its stars Matthew Morrison, Lea Michele, Jane Lynch and Chris Colfer.
The ambitious Fox series, a blend of upbeat songs and serious issues such as teen sexuality and disability, has been the most talked-about show of the last 12 months.
Walter Palmer: Cecil the lion killer revealed to be American dentist
Coroners must send bodies for scans rather than autopsies if religion demands they stay intact, High Court rules
Helen Mirren is horrified after swearing on live TV when describing camping trip with Liam Neeson
Obese people who refuse to lose weight could see benefits cut, David Cameron to announce
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
- 1 Kate Winslet thanked 'particularly horrible' girl who bullied her at school after Titanic success
- 2 Australia to impose 24-hour curfew on all cats to protect endangered species
- 3 The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
- 4 Black and ethnic minority people twice as likely to be hit by Tory cuts than white people, report finds
- 5 Walter Palmer: Cecil the lion killer revealed to be American dentist
£45 - £55k DOE: Guru Careers: A Financial Controller is required to join a suc...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Product Manager / Product Owner is required to jo...
£13000 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A chance to work for an extreme...
£28000 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This award-winning company, whi...