BBC iPlayer launches on Playstation 3
Millions of gamers will be able to access the BBC iPlayer through their televisions from today.
The corporation has launched a new version of the on-demand service that will be available on television screens through Sony's PlayStation 3.
The BBC's general manager for programmes and on demand, Daniel Danker, said: "With today's announcement, we're transforming iPlayer in its most natural home: right on the living room TV. By creating a product that's as simple and intuitive as flicking through TV channels, the BBC is bringing on demand television to mainstream audiences across the UK."
The BBC is expected to roll out the service to other devices in the coming months and Mr Danker said he expected half of all iPlayer use would be "directly on the living room TV" in the next few years.
The BBC said the new version had "a TV-friendly design" and a "personalised" service that allows viewers to choose their favourite programmes.
More than four million PS3's have been sold in the UK since the product was launched in 2007.
Royal Marine Sgt Alexander Blackman jailed for life for murder of Afghan insurgent
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela's death: South Africa and the world mourns loss of Nelson Mandela
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: "Exciting Audit S...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: As part of an ongoing effort to support local...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Put your media, photography and arts flair in...
£25000 - £30000 per annum + excellent benefits: PCR Recruitment Limited: Europ...