BBC rebuked on rugby sponsorship after 'editorial integrity' was compromised by use of Accenture logo
BBC Sport has been rebuked by the corporation’s governing body for showing a technology company’s animated logo during its coverage of the Six Nations rugby tournament.
The BBC Trust found “editorial integrity” was compromised by the use of Accenture’s logo in match data graphics. It followed a complaint by RadioCentre, which represents the commercial radio industry. The trust did not accept that the logo was unduly prominent, but said an email from the executive producer of the coverage to BBC staff “might have been interpreted” as a binding commitment to the Six Nations tournament to give coverage to Accenture.
'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
Russell Brand opposes anti-Semitism after death threats: 'We must disavow all forms of prejudice that lead to exclusion and execution'
James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – as hunt begins for killer
ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
Microbial life found living on the exterior of the International Space Station, say reports
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
£18000 - £30000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Do you feel you sales role is li...
£20000 - £45000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Key featuresA highly motivated ...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum + 25 days holiday and bonus: Clearwater People Solut...
Highly Competitive Salary + Commission: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL BASED - DEALING ...