Bradley Wiggins win boosts Tour de France ITV audience
Monday 23 July 2012
Bradley Wiggins' historic Tour De France win sparked a 25% rise
in the TV audience for the gruelling contest, figures showed today.
The competition pulled in its biggest ever viewing figures yesterday afternoon when a peak of 3.6 million tuned in to see Wiggins become the first Brit to win the yellow jersey more than a century after the competition was founded.
The live coverage was broadcast on ITV1 and ITV4 with 2.6 million and one million tuning in to each of the channels at 4.20pm.
Coverage on ITV4 - the TV home of the Tour De France - was up by a quarter on 2011 for the combined viewing figures for the live broadcasts, a nightly highlights shows and a morning repeat, ITV said.
The live coverage on the channel has seen its audience increase by 21%.
Weather bomb in pictures: Storms cuts power for tens of thousands – and snow is on the way
Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
Russell Brand was rendered speechless on Question Time by this man
Fury at Airbus after it hints the super-jumbo may be mothballed
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
£Neg. (DOE) + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: A Finance Account Manager with...
£25000 per annum: Ashdown Group: An established media firm based in Surrey is ...
£25,000 to £35,000: Sphere Digital Recruitment: The Company Our client are th...
£80 – 120K : Sphere Digital Recruitment: Sales Director – Ad tech - £80 – 120K...