Call for neutral BBC head
The chances of media regulator Ed Richards becoming the next BBC head may have been dealt a blow by a petition demanding an appointee free from political affiliations.
Mr Richards, the chief executive of Ofcom, is favourite to succeed BBC Director-General Mark Thompson, but he has strong ties to the Labour Party and worked as an adviser to Tony Blair and Gordon Brown.
The campaign group 38 Degrees has garnered more than 35,000 signatures for a petition that urges the BBC Trust to choose a candidate free from political allegiances.
Jo from Northern Ireland was less than impressed by Russell Brand's attempt to stage a publicity stunt
Weather bomb in pictures: Storms cuts power for tens of thousands – and snow is on the way
Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
Russell Brand was rendered speechless on Question Time by this man
Fury at Airbus after it hints the super-jumbo may be mothballed
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
£25000 per annum: Ashdown Group: An established media firm based in Surrey is ...
£25,000 to £35,000: Sphere Digital Recruitment: The Company Our client are th...
£80 – 120K : Sphere Digital Recruitment: Sales Director – Ad tech - £80 – 120K...
40,000- 50,000: Sphere Digital Recruitment: Senior Analyst – Global Sports Gam...