Call for neutral BBC head
The chances of media regulator Ed Richards becoming the next BBC head may have been dealt a blow by a petition demanding an appointee free from political affiliations.
Mr Richards, the chief executive of Ofcom, is favourite to succeed BBC Director-General Mark Thompson, but he has strong ties to the Labour Party and worked as an adviser to Tony Blair and Gordon Brown.
The campaign group 38 Degrees has garnered more than 35,000 signatures for a petition that urges the BBC Trust to choose a candidate free from political allegiances.
British are sexually uptight, dirty and drink too much – according to Spanish book
PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
White and gold or blue and black – what colour is the dress? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Junior Business Systems Analyst role...
£30-35k (P/T - Pro Rata) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienc...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + up to £45,000: Sauce Recruitment: The Internation...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A thriving online media busines...