ITV lures away Channel 4 director
Channel 4's director of television is leaving the broadcaster to take up a post with ITV.
Kevin Lygo has been appointed managing director of ITV Studios after six years at Channel 4.
Mr Lygo said he was "very excited" by the challenges ahead.
He added: "ITV Studios owns some of the biggest brands in television. Our goal is to keep those programmes fresh and relevant, develop new hits and exploit their full value across all platforms in the UK and internationally."
Mr Lygo's broadcasting career spans three decades, with roles at the BBC, Channel 4 and Five. The appointment follows those of the former Asda chief executive, Archie Norman, as chairman and the former Royal Mail boss, Adam Crozier, as chief executive.
Stephen Hawking's wife Jane Wilde on their marriage breakdown: 'The family were left behind'
Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
Someone has actually got a tattoo of that dress
PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
White and gold or blue and black – what colour is the dress? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 1 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 2 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 3 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 The jihadi girls who went to Syria weren't just radicalised by Isis — they were groomed
£22000 per annum + pension,bonus,career progression: Ashdown Group: An establi...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Junior Business Systems Analyst role...
£30-35k (P/T - Pro Rata) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienc...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + up to £45,000: Sauce Recruitment: The Internation...