ITV lures away Channel 4 director
Channel 4's director of television is leaving the broadcaster to take up a post with ITV.
Kevin Lygo has been appointed managing director of ITV Studios after six years at Channel 4.
Mr Lygo said he was "very excited" by the challenges ahead.
He added: "ITV Studios owns some of the biggest brands in television. Our goal is to keep those programmes fresh and relevant, develop new hits and exploit their full value across all platforms in the UK and internationally."
Mr Lygo's broadcasting career spans three decades, with roles at the BBC, Channel 4 and Five. The appointment follows those of the former Asda chief executive, Archie Norman, as chairman and the former Royal Mail boss, Adam Crozier, as chief executive.
Engineer pictured fixing plane's engine with 'duct tape' by concerned EasyJet passenger
Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
Ancient 2,400-year-old gold bongs discovered in Russia
Porn stars in California may be forced to wear goggles under new legislation
Tampon tax scrapped in Canada after petition convinces conservative government
- 1 Engineer pictured fixing plane's engine with 'duct tape' by concerned EasyJet passenger
- 2 Two-year-old says goodbye to bin man best friend
- 3 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 4 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 5 Remove smartphones from the hands of under-18s and maybe they will grow up to be less dumb
£20000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Rapid growth has seen a number ...
£20 - 28k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Graduate Software Develop...
£16000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: High quality, dedicated Delegat...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...