Media lunch: Krishnan Guru-Murthy, Newsreader, Channel 4 News
Thursday 08 July 2010
The venue: Roka. It has great Japanese food which feels light and it's just enticing enough to ensure a guest turns up.
The company: A senior public servant.
The conversation: I'm starting a new blog soon – Gurublog – where I hope to write a lot about ideas, so we talked about how things are changing under the coalition.
On the menu: Miso, sushi, sashimi and some grilled sea bass.
And to drink? Sparkling water and an espresso.
Come here often? No. I have a small number of haunts, from a greasy spoon near the newsroom to the Ivy Club, depending on the lunch date. I have very few long, boozy lunches – perhaps two or three a year, always with fellow media tarts and always on my day off!
Roka, 37 Charlotte Street, London W1 Rokarestaurant.com
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Rapper Ja Rule forced to deny leaving his wife for prison cell mate
Ten best places to live in the UK: Solihull comes top
Mysterious glowing ‘alien-like creature’ spotted in waters of Bristol Harbour. A jellyfish - or something fishy?
From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration
- 5 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
£35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: "Exciting Audit S...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: As part of an ongoing effort to support local...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Put your media, photography and arts flair in...
£25000 - £30000 per annum + excellent benefits: PCR Recruitment Limited: Europ...