Pratchett presents film on Dignitas
Friday 15 April 2011
The author Sir Terry Pratchett is to present a documentary about the last moments of a terminally ill man who travelled to the Dignitas assisted suicide clinic to end his life.
The BBC2 programme will show the writer, whose Discworld books have sold millions of copies, at the controversial clinic in Switzerland with the 71-year-old motor neurone disease sufferer, named only as Peter.
Sir Terry, who was diagnosed with a form of Alzheimer's disease in 2008, said: "I believe everybody possessed of a debilitating and incurable disease should be allowed to pick the hour of their death. And I wanted to know more about Dignitas in case I ever wanted to go there myself."
In the hour-long film, which will be broadcast in the summer, he compares how different countries deal with the issue.
Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
Scottish teenager dies after suspected ice bucket challenge goes horribly wrong
- 1 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 2 Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
- 3 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 4 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- < Previous
- Next >
£30-35k + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Management Accoun...
£40 - 60k + Amazing Benefits: Guru Careers: A UI Designer / UX Designer is nee...
£30 - 35k: Guru Careers: An SEO Manager / SEO Expert is needed to join an inno...
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...