Sky on contempt charge over kidnap couple
Tuesday 22 November 2011
The Attorney General has won permission to launch contempt of court proceedings against Sky News for allegedly breaching an injunction taken out to protect the safety of the kidnapped British couple Paul and Rachel Chandler.
Sky is accused of breaching an order prohibiting publication of details of the "health and welfare" of the couple as they were in the process of being released by Somali pirates.
Sky asserts that it "scrupulously observed the terms of the injunction".
King Salman: Just five days in, Saudi Arabia's new king has already overseen a beheading
Auschwitz liberation 70th anniversary: Woman sent to three Nazi death camps describes surviving gas chamber
Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
Ukip Jelly Babies cause uproar on Amazon
Chilling drone footage captures Auschwitz ahead of 70th anniversary of liberation
- 1 King Salman: Just five days in, Saudi Arabia's new king has already overseen a beheading
- 2 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Presidential optical illusion offers clues to how brain processes faces
- 5 Grumpy Roald Dahl letter warning student to 'eschew beastly adjectives' rediscovered after 35 years
£30000 - £35000 per annum + 20 days holidays & pension: Ashdown Group: Marketi...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: Working for a independently owne...
£17 - £20 per hour: Sauce Recruitment: Working for a independently owned and c...
£Negotiable (DOE): Guru Careers: We are seeking a Mac Operator / Artworker to ...