Sky on contempt charge over kidnap couple
Tuesday 22 November 2011
The Attorney General has won permission to launch contempt of court proceedings against Sky News for allegedly breaching an injunction taken out to protect the safety of the kidnapped British couple Paul and Rachel Chandler.
Sky is accused of breaching an order prohibiting publication of details of the "health and welfare" of the couple as they were in the process of being released by Somali pirates.
Sky asserts that it "scrupulously observed the terms of the injunction".
- 1 Australia to impose 24-hour curfew on all cats to protect endangered species
- 2 The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
- 3 Black and ethnic minority people twice as likely to be hit by Tory cuts than white people, report finds
- 4 Walter Palmer: Cecil the lion killer revealed to be American dentist
- 5 What TripAdvisor users think of 16 of the world's most popular landmarks
£45 - £55k DOE: Guru Careers: A Financial Controller is required to join a suc...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Product Manager / Product Owner is required to jo...
£13000 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A chance to work for an extreme...
£28000 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This award-winning company, whi...