The Big Fat Quiz: what was offensive was the lack of funny, not the lack of taste
Tuesday 01 January 2013
Ever since “Sachsgate”, certain areas of the press have been waiting for another opportunity to put the boot into modern comedy for its lack of reverence.
Channel 4’s Big Fat Quiz of 2012 handed it to them on a plate. Jack Whitehall, James Corden, Jonathan Ross and Jimmy Carr cracked off-colour jokes about the Queen, Susan Boyle and others “just seconds after the 9pm watershed”.
But what was offensive was the lack of funny, not the lack of taste. “SuBo likes it in the arse,” was one bon mot. Then there was “Barack Obama put on a condom and had a posh wank.” Boys, boys. Her Majesty, heard better snark at the Royal Variety Show. In 1949.
Rihanna 'nude photos' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
Tony Blair: 'Ground troops are necessary to fight Islamic State - diplomacy will not defeat them'
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
£25 - 30k (DOE) + Bonus & Benefits: Guru Careers: We are looking for an Accoun...
£25k Basic (DOE) – (£30k year 1 OTE) : Guru Careers: We are seeking a bright A...
£15-20k (DOE) + Benefits / Bonus: Guru Careers: We are seeking a bright R...
£25 - 40k (DOE) + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Web Desig...