The South Bank Show to return with Melyvn Bragg
Two years after it was dropped by ITV, The South Bank Show is staging a comeback.
The arts show, which featured an array of well-known and cult figures during more than 30 years on the air, has been rescued by Sky Arts, with a new series to be edited and presented by its original presenter Melvyn Bragg.
Yesterday, Lord Bragg said that the show's familiar theme tune, by Andrew Lloyd Webber, might also make a reappearance.
"It's a great signature tune. It's as recognisable as anything around. It would have to be something bloody good to beat it," he said.
He said that subjects for the new six-part series are still to be discussed, but they were likely to be "living artists in their prime". The show was dropped in 2009 when Lord Bragg stepped down as ITV's arts editor.
Easter egg hunt horror as mother finds dead body under deck of house
Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Wreckage could be found within a week as search reaches 'very critical juncture', says minister
South Korea ferry disaster: Released transcripts show chaos and confusion in the moments before ferry sinks
Unbeliebable: The White House offer 'no comment' to anti-Justin Bieber petition
Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 1 Easter egg hunt horror as mother finds dead body under deck of house
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Unbeliebable: The White House offer 'no comment' to anti-Justin Bieber petition
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 How We Met: Alison Moyet & Emma Kennedy: 'I knew we'd be friends because she was happy to make a prat of herself'
£26K-30k + Bonus, Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension: Charter Selectio...
£25K-28k + Bonus, Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension: Charter Selectio...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: As part of an ongoing effort to support local...