TV union plans BNP Question Time protest
The TV technicians' union today attacked the BBC's decision to invite BNP leader Nick Griffin on to Question Time and pledged to join a demonstration against the recording of the programme.
Bectu said it would support any of its members who refused to work on the programme, which will be transmitted on October 22.
General secretary Gerry Morrissey said: "We believe there should be no media coverage of the BNP and I have raised this issue with the director general, Mark Thompson.
"He said they have been invited on to the programme because they have won elections, but we strongly disagree.
"We will be arranging a demonstration and lobby outside the Question Time studios and we will be working with anti-fascist groups to ensure there is a significant turn out."
Walter Palmer: Cecil the lion killer revealed to be American dentist
Coroners must send bodies for scans rather than autopsies if religion demands they stay intact, High Court rules
Helen Mirren is horrified after swearing on live TV when describing camping trip with Liam Neeson
Obese people who refuse to lose weight could see benefits cut, David Cameron to announce
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
- 1 Kate Winslet thanked 'particularly horrible' girl who bullied her at school after Titanic success
- 2 Australia to impose 24-hour curfew on all cats to protect endangered species
- 3 Black and ethnic minority people twice as likely to be hit by Tory cuts than white people, report finds
- 4 Walter Palmer: Cecil the lion killer revealed to be American dentist
- 5 What TripAdvisor users think of 16 of the world's most popular landmarks
£45 - £55k DOE: Guru Careers: A Financial Controller is required to join a suc...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Product Manager / Product Owner is required to jo...
£13000 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A chance to work for an extreme...
£28000 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This award-winning company, whi...