Barbara Orbison: Widow of Roy Orbison
Friday 09 December 2011
Barbara Orbison, who died on 6 December aged 60 of pancreatic cancer, was the widow of Roy Orbison, and since his death in 1988 she had devoted her time to managing his estate and keeping his legacy alive. With her son, Roy Kelton Orbison Jr, she co-produced a four-CD box set of her husband's 107 recordings. The package marked the first all-inclusive body of Roy Orbison's work from his earliest recordings to the Traveling Wilburys' debut album, his final studio album Mystery Girl and his last live performance.
In 1998, Barbara issued Combo Concert on her label Orbison Records, previously unreleased live recordings from 1965. The same year she accepted the Recording Academy's Lifetime Achievement Award on her husband's behalf. In 2010 she accepted a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Roy's behalf. Her music publishing company Still Working Music was awarded BMI's 2010 Song of the Year for Taylor Swift's "You Belong With Me".
Barbara Orbison, businesswoman: born 10 January 1950; died 6 December 2011.
Royal Marine Sgt Alexander Blackman jailed for life for murder of Afghan insurgent
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: Senior Automation QA ...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£31000 - £43000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...
£27000 - £45000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Lambeth...