Saturday 01 August 1992
TOMORROW: Lord Benson, accountant, 83; Mr John Bowis MP, 47; Sir Ronald Brierley, company chairman, 55; Mr John Gale, theatrical producer, 63; Sir John Hannam MP, 63; Sir Christopher Hogg, chairman, Courtaulds and Reuters, 56; Dr George Kimble, geographer, 84; Miss Anne Leuchars, television journalist, 39; Miss Myrna Loy, actress, 87; Mr Sammy McIlroy, footballer, 38; Sir Reginald Murley, surgeon, 76; Lord Murray of Epping Forest, former general secretary, TUC, 70; Sir Brian Neill, a Lord Justice of Appeal, 69; Mr Peter O'Toole, actor, 60; Professor Sir Peter Swinnerton-Dyer, mathematician, 65; Miss Rose Tremain, novelist and playwright, 49; Mr Alan Tuffin, trade union leader, 59; Lord Waddington QC, Governor of Bermuda, 63; Mr Alan Whicker, broadcaster, 67; Sir Brian Wolfson, chairman, Wembley plc, 57.
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
David Cameron sets out immigration reforms: We should distrust Ukip and their 'snake-oil of simple solutions'
Ukip mocked after mistaking Westminster Cathedral – for a mosque
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
£30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Exciting career opportunity to join East...
£18000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An ambitious start-up company b...
VOLUNTARY ONLY - EXPENSES REIMBURSED: Reach Volunteering: Do you love the Engl...