Claudia Winkleman’s eight-year-old daughter, Matilda, was rushed to hospital on Friday after her Halloween costume caught alight.
The Strictly Come Dancing presenter has since issued a statement on behalf of the family, reminding the public about the perils of “candles, open fires and fireworks” ahead of Guy Fawkes Night tomorrow.
“Our daughter was involved in an accident on Friday night while celebrating Halloween,” read the statement.
“She is having the best care possible and we are hopeful of a full recovery.
“We would like to thank everyone that has been so supportive and particularly the NHS doctors, nurses and staff who have been absolutely incredible.
“We would like to take this opportunity to remind anyone taking part in fireworks parties or Guy Fawkes celebrations to be vigilant about the dangers of candles, open fires and fireworks and to be please have the appropriate safety measures in place and to hand.”
Winkleman has three children, Matilda, Jake, 11, and Arthur, 3, with film producer Kris Thykier.
The incident is thought to be the reason that she didn’t present Strictly Come Dancing last weekend and Zoe Ball drafted in as her replacement.
A BBC spokesperson confirmed that Winkleman’s daughter was unwell, but didn’t detail the specifics of the accident.
“Claudia can’t be with us tonight,” said a BBC spokesperson.
“One of her children is unwell, we wish them a speedy recovery. Zoe Ball from It Takes Two will be stepping in to co-host with Tess.”