Jonathan Ross' future as an ITV chat show host uncertain

There have been rumours that the star wants to move on to pastures new

Click to follow
The Independent Online

Television presenter Jonathan Ross could be calling it a day on his ITV chat show, it has been reported.

The 53-year-old, who has had a career spanning nearly three decades, is allegedly not expecting his £4 million contract with the channel to be renewed.

However, a spokesman for ITV told The Independent that the channel does not “discuss contractual matters".

Ross is believed to have become "increasingly disenchanted with chat show work", sources have told The Mirror.

The chat show host apparently wants to move onto "new challenges", after presenting The Jonathan Ross Show since 2011.

Previously, he hosted Friday Night with Jonathan Ross for 10 years but left following controversy at the BBC over a prank call he and comedian Russell Brand made to Fawlty Towers actor Andrew Sachs.

Both stars faced a fierce backlash from the public and the media at the time, prompting Ross to move to ITV.

Ross has interviewed everyone from Benedict Cumberbatch to Madonna during his time as a talk show host.

Read more: Jonathan Ross to make controversial return to BBC Radio 2

Comments