Duke of Edinburgh makes first public appearance since being discharged from hospital after bladder infection recurrence
Sunday 26 August 2012
The Duke of Edinburgh has made his first public appearance since being discharged from hospital last week.
Philip accompanied the Queen to Crathie Kirk in Royal Deeside, Aberdeenshire, which is close to the private Balmoral estate where they have been staying.
The Duke was treated at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary for five nights for a recurrence of a bladder infection, and was discharged on Monday.
In June he was admitted to hospital with the same infection the day after braving cold, wet and windy conditions on the royal barge for several hours during the Diamond Jubilee Pageant on the River Thames.
Philip, 91, spent five nights in London's King Edward VII Hospital and missed some of the key celebrations of a special bank holiday weekend marking the Queen's 60-year reign.
The Duke had recently recovered from a successful procedure to clear a blocked coronary artery last December, spending four nights in hospital over Christmas.
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
White people become less racist just by moving to more diverse areas, study finds
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
Competitive: Nielsen: We are seeking an enthusiastic intern with a passionate ...
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Charter Selection: Charter Selection are currently ...
Plus benefits: Sherrards Solicitors LLP: Sherrards is an equal opportunities e...