Ke$ha checks into rehab for eating disorder
Pop singer Ke$ha has checked into rehab seeking treatment for an eating disorder.
In a statement released by her spokesperson on Friday, the "Tik Tok" star said she will be unavailable for the next 30 days while she seeks treatment for an undisclosed eating disorder.
The 26-year-old pop star told TMZ she wanted to "learn to love myself again, exactly as I am."
"I'm a crusader for being yourself and loving yourself, but I've found it hard to practice", the statement said. "I'll be unavailable for the next 30 days, seeking treatment for my eating disorder."
No other details were provided.
Ke$ha checked into the Chicago based Timberline Knolls centre on Friday morning, TMZ reported. The centre specialises in treating women struggling with eating disorders, addictions and traumas, according to its website.
Ke$ha, whose real name is Kesha Rose Sebert, is the performer of such hits as 'Crazy Love', 'Die Young' and 'Timber' with Pitbull. She starred in the MTV reality series My Crazy Beautiful Life.
- 1 Florida man sentenced to two-and-a-half years for having sex on the beach in front of a child
- 2 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 3 Nick Kyrgios calls former Olympian Dawn Fraser a 'blatant racist' after she tells Wimbledon star to 'go back where their parents came from'
- 4 World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
- 5 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts
Greece debt crisis: Angela Merkel and Francois Hollande issue Athens with 24-hour ultimatum to avoid crashing out of the euro
Greece crisis: Referendum exposes a gaping hole at the heart of the European Union – its lack of genuine legitimacy
£40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus: Ashdown Group: HR Manager - West London - £...
£17000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£55 - 65k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: A HR Manager / HR Business Partner i...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: A rare and exciting opportunity for a Practice...