Livingstone to marry in shadow of zoo reptile house
Former London mayor Ken Livingstone has chosen London Zoo as the exotic location for his wedding to his long term partner next month, it was reported today.
Mr Livingstone, who is known to be a keen newt and reptile enthusiast, will be able to tie the knot a stone's throw away from the zoo's reptile house.
The unusual venue offers receptions in a series of different animal houses including the Rainforest Lookout and Gorilla Kingdom.
Newly-wed couples can choose to have their photograph taken in a range of romantic locations including the Bird Pavillion and the Butterfly House.
Mr Livingstone told the Evening Standard: "We are getting married and it will be in London Zoo. It's not a media event - if you try and get in I will set the gorillas on you. We have been looking to get married for years. We decided to do it when we had time, and this seems to be the ideal period."
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
£60000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Compensation and Benefits Manager - Compensat...
£28000 - £35000 per annum + negotiable: Sauce Recruitment: We have an exciting...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: HR Advisor - North London...
£28000 - £32000 per annum + negotiable: Sauce Recruitment: We have an exciting...