Rovers Return landlady Beverley Callard reveals her breakdown
Thursday 11 March 2010
The actress Beverley Callard admitted yesterday that she was absent from
Coronation Street for five months last year because she suffered a nervous breakdown. Callard, 52, who plays the
Rovers Return landlady Liz McDonald, was treated at the Priory Clinic. Viewers were told Liz had gone to Spain to stay with her son. Callard, who is still being treated as an outpatient, is helping the charity Mind to raise awareness. She said: "It is really important to try to help lift the stigma that makes life so difficult for people who experience mental health problems."
- 1 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 2 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 3 Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson criticised for beer tweet
- 4 Woman blinded as a child can see again after hitting her head on a coffee table
- 5 The bubble bursts for Sodastream
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
£60000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Compensation and Benefits Manager - Compensat...
£28000 - £35000 per annum + negotiable: Sauce Recruitment: We have an exciting...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: HR Advisor - North London...
£28000 - £32000 per annum + negotiable: Sauce Recruitment: We have an exciting...