Sharapova set to marry LA Lakers star
Friday 22 October 2010
Los Angeles Lakers guard Sasha Vujacic is engaged to marry Maria Sharapova after the Slovenian told reporters before an exhibition game that the Russian former tennis world number one had accepted his proposal.
Prior to the game against the Golden State Warriors in San Diego, Vujacic said that the three-time grand slam champion had said "yes' to his "old-school" proposal, adding that they were both "really happy".
The 26-year-old Vujacic proposed on the couple's one-year anniversary of meeting at a friend's barbecue and their engagement was also confirmed by the team's official website reporter Mike Trudell on his social networking page.
No date has been set for the wedding.
The 23-year-old Sharapova, currently ranked number 18 in the world, won the Wimbledon title in 2004, the U.S. Open crown in 2006 and the Australian Open in 2008.
Latest in News
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£23 - £30 per hour: Morgan Hunt: A fantastic opportunity has arisen within a c...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Morgan Hunt: Job Title - HR Manager Role type - Pe...
£23000 - £25000 per annum: Charter Selection: Leading global manufacturing com...
£185 - £250 per day: Morgan Hunt: A fantastic opportunity has arisen within a ...