OBITUARY: Kenny Everett
Thursday 13 April 1995
The experience left me with a contempt for BBC authority which has never left me. They agreed, with reluctance, to pay Kenny's rail-fare from Liverpool, but I was obliged to put him up in a hotel at my own expense.
Then 18, Maurice came over to my flat and drank gin and tonic like water and put his bread on the plate and cut it into small pieces. My then wife somewhat snootily observed, ``He has never been with middle-class people before." But he was a genius; I loved him.
filmWith more than 70% of early films lost, archivists are turning to science to preserve the few examples that remain
NFL fans were so loud during a match that their celebrations registered as a minor earthquake
Tyre firm aimed to show how their tyres would perform in ‘unexpected’ conditions
Latest in News
North Korea: Kim Jong Un 'sacks powerful uncle and has his aides executed'
What made Charles Saatchi grab my throat, by Nigella Lawson - as she accuses him of threatening to 'destroy' her with drug claims
Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
Lee Rigby murder trial: Police reveal dramatic new images and footage of the moments two suspects are arrested
Food poverty in UK has reached level of 'public health emergency', warn experts
- 1 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 UK chef creates world's most expensive ready meal - a fish pie costing £314
- 4 Food poverty in UK has reached level of 'public health emergency', warn experts
- 5 I’m sure Kate Moss doesn't care about posing for Playboy. But I do