From a four-eyed jumping spider pouncing on prey to a mother bird feeding her young, amateur photographers from across the world have captured beautiful images of dinner time in the natural world.
The Society of Biology has announced the shortlist for its annual amateur photographer competition which invites anyone to submit their nature snaps. This year's theme is 'Feeding Life' and over 600 entries were submitted.
The winners will be revealed at an awards ceremony in October during Biology Week which runs from 12-18 October.
Here the full shortlist:
-Feeding Young by Kim Chong Keat
- Fight for Life Cycle by Bambang Setyawan
- The Fishermen by Debdatta Chakraborty
- Dinner Plate by Kristhian Castro Valencia
- Hunting Nectar by Putu Sudiarta
- Jumping Spider Eats Insect by Jack Settle
- Feeding the Nature by Alexandre Porto da Rocha Coutinho
- De-stoning by Partha Pratim Saha
- Rain - The Source of Drinking Water by Khalid Rayhan Shawon
- Squirrel Feast by Rebecca Condruti
- Genetic Engineering by Gabija Vyšniauskaitė
- Bad Day, Good Day by Paddy Ryan
For more information visit www.societyofbiology.org