The Balkans Truce: Quotes
Monday 07 June 1999
- Nato spokesman Major Trey Cate
"There has been great achievement this week, a great step forward, but there are some very difficult things yet to do"
- Tony Blair
"Can Milosevic survive this? The answer, sadly, has to be `yes'. We have lost the opportunity militarily to overthrow Milosevic"
- David Owen, former Foreign Secretary
"Until we know what conditions are like in Kosovo, ...we would advise that no one try to re-enter"
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
"We can't sleep. We shake all the time. We are nervous, tense. It was so scary, darkness everywhere, bullets came from anywhere"
- Unnamed deserter from the Yugoslav Army.
"There were no negotiations. This is a tougher agreement for Milosevic than the peace accords we offered him at peace talks in March"
- Robin Cook, Foreign Secretary
- 1 Top Gear team of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May officially heading to Amazon Prime for new car show
- 2 Stuart Baggs: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
- 3 How to cancel Amazon Prime: after Top Gear hiring, how to leave premium service
- 4 Tesco scraps 'unexpected item in the bagging area' as self-checkouts switch to less 'frustrating' audio
- 5 Living in Spain and commuting to London 'cheaper than actually working in London'
Kate Winslet thanked 'particularly horrible' girl who bullied her at school after Titanic success
Stuart Baggs: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
MH370: Boeing 777 wing that could match missing plane found on the French island of Reunion
MH370 debris: Investigators 'confident' that Boeing 777 wing found - live updates
Living in Spain and commuting to London 'cheaper than actually working in London'
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
Calais crisis: For desperate migrants it is 'England or death' as they brave dogs, riot police and speeding trains
While we fixate on Calais, the Government is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
£28000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With extensive experience and a...
£26000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Due to on-going expansion, this leading provid...
£6 - £8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join a family ...