- Nato spokesman Major Trey Cate
"There has been great achievement this week, a great step forward, but there are some very difficult things yet to do"
- Tony Blair
"Can Milosevic survive this? The answer, sadly, has to be `yes'. We have lost the opportunity militarily to overthrow Milosevic"
- David Owen, former Foreign Secretary
"Until we know what conditions are like in Kosovo, ...we would advise that no one try to re-enter"
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
"We can't sleep. We shake all the time. We are nervous, tense. It was so scary, darkness everywhere, bullets came from anywhere"
- Unnamed deserter from the Yugoslav Army.
"There were no negotiations. This is a tougher agreement for Milosevic than the peace accords we offered him at peace talks in March"
- Robin Cook, Foreign SecretaryReuse content