TV tribute to Eric and Ernie
Monday 04 November 1996
More than half a million viewers cast votes for "Auntie's All-time Greats", with the comedy pair earning two trophies for best light entertainment show and favourite performers.
Des Lynam was voted best television presenter and Ronnie Barker, star of Porridge and Open All Hours, got an award for outstanding achievement. Other winners were: David Jason (favourite sitcom performer); Men Behaving Badly (favourite sitcom); Victoria Wood (favourite comedy series - As Seen on TV; and favourite comedy performer); Colin Firth (favourite actor); Patricia Routledge (favourite actress); Dr Who (favourite popular drama); and Pride and Prejudice (favourite drama serial).
In pictures: Saturn images from Cassini probe as it prepares to turn lens towards Earth
Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
FBI finds possible human remains at former home of late gangster James Burke - the man who inspired Goodfellas
'Theres something quite unpleasant going on': Nigel Farage confronted for second time on visit to Scotland
World news in pictures
- 1 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Richard Nieuwenhuizen death: Six teenagers and 50-year-old father convicted of manslaughter in shocking case of referee killed over a game of football
- 4 Exclusive: Newcastle's star talent-spotter on brink as Joe Kinnear sparks walkout
- 5 Vast methane 'plumes' seen in Arctic ocean as sea ice retreats
£500 - £600 per day: Orgtel: FX Options Front Office Java / C# Developer - Ba...
£600 - £700 per day: Orgtel: Project Manager - Front Office - Regulatory IT C...
£33000 - £35000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Randstad Education Chelmsford: NQTs required now fo...