Art teacher gets jail term for unlawful sex with pupil, 14,
Wednesday 09 February 1994
Clive Gilfellon, 50, a father of two, was told by Judge Angus Stroyan at Newcastle Crown Court that he had 'systematically and deliberately' betrayed the trust parents put in teachers. Gilfellon, who began the relationship when the girl was only 13, admitted two specimen charges of unlawful intercourse. The court was told that he fell for her after they flirted whenever they were alone.
He stole his first kiss in class in May 1992 and began heavy petting with her while on a school trip to Germany two months later - with his wife, Denise, 49, in the next room. They began meeting regularly after their return to the UK and started to have sex in Gilfellon's car, parked in lay-bys and country roads in Co Durham.
The pair even continued their affair in Gilfellon's bed at his home at Tow Law, near Stanley, Co Durham. But an investigation began when rumours started at the school.
Detectives discovered that the girl, who cannot be named, wrote about the sex sessions in her diary. Gilfellon resigned from his position after he was arrested.
- 1 Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
- 2 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 3 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 4 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 5 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
£500 - £600 per day: Orgtel: FX Options Front Office Java / C# Developer - Ba...
£600 - £700 per day: Orgtel: Project Manager - Front Office - Regulatory IT C...
£33000 - £35000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Randstad Education Chelmsford: NQTs required now fo...