18-year-old woman charged with death of baby
Sunday 06 October 2013
An 18-year-old woman has been charged with causing the death of a four-month-old baby girl, Scotland Yard said on Sunday night.
She is due to appear in court on Monday charged with causing the death of a child and the wilful neglect of three children, which includes the dead baby, at Thames Magistrates’ Court in east London.
The baby had been taken to hospital by the London Ambulance Service (LAS), from an address in Bow, east London on Friday.
The LAS contacted the police due to the condition of the girl in hospital at 5.30pm. She was dead by 5.45pm.
Officers, led by detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command, launched an investigation into the circumstances of her death.
The woman, who has not been named by the police, was arrested on Sunday and later charged.
A post-mortem examination has yet to take place.
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage on Have I Got News For You: Ukip leader ridiculed over expenses and party 'fruitcakes'
Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
- 1 Poveglia: 'World's most haunted island' up for auction...is anyone brave enough to buy it?
- 2 Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
- 3 Naked yoga: the bare truth - it's already big in the US, and has now landed here
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Scientists warn we've hit 'peak beard': The more people grow facial hair, the less attractive it is