18-year-old woman charged with death of baby
Sunday 06 October 2013
An 18-year-old woman has been charged with causing the death of a four-month-old baby girl, Scotland Yard said on Sunday night.
She is due to appear in court on Monday charged with causing the death of a child and the wilful neglect of three children, which includes the dead baby, at Thames Magistrates’ Court in east London.
The baby had been taken to hospital by the London Ambulance Service (LAS), from an address in Bow, east London on Friday.
The LAS contacted the police due to the condition of the girl in hospital at 5.30pm. She was dead by 5.45pm.
Officers, led by detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command, launched an investigation into the circumstances of her death.
The woman, who has not been named by the police, was arrested on Sunday and later charged.
A post-mortem examination has yet to take place.
Top 20 misconceptions people believe are true
Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
Head transplant: man will be attached to new body in under an hour and aim is immortality, doctor says
Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Katie Hopkins on LBC: Listen to caller taking The Sun columnist to task over migrant comments
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
Rupert Murdoch berated Sun journalists for not doing enough to attack Ed Miliband and stop him winning the general election
- 1 'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
- 2 Black Mass trailer: Johnny Depp might have started making good films again
- 3 Jacob Lescenski and Anthony Martinez: Straight student asks gay friend to High School prom and makes a million Twitter friends
- 4 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
- 5 Why would anyone want to have sex with an animal? The psychology of bestiality