50-year-old woman dies after explosion in Crawley
A 50-year-old woman has died after an explosion on New Year's eve.
Emergency services were called to 31 Banks Road, Crawley, West Sussex, after the incident at 12:30pm, where the woman was treated by paramedics. She died at the scene.
It is not believed that there were any other people in the house according to the authorities.
The police said only the inside of the house was damaged, and no surrounding properties were affected.
A Sussex Police spokesman said: “It is unclear at this stage what caused the explosion but it is not believed to be suspicious.
“Drivers are asked to avoid the immediate area for the time being as there are some local road closures while the scene is examined.”
Additional reporting by Press Association
People are criticising Fifa World Cup sponsors with corrupt corporate logos
Natalie Portman tells Harvard graduates: 'Accept your lack of knowledge'
British tourists complain impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
Fifa corruption live: Sebb Blatter warns 'more bad news may follow' as he clings to power
Skull found in Spain could be the world's first-ever murder victim
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
- 1 Autistic adults could take pure MDMA to 'reduce social anxiety'
- 2 Before you complain about your GP, this is what you need to know about actually doing the job
- 3 Father of 12 accused of raping, beating, starving and abusing his own children in US 'cult'
- 4 Britain's Got Talent 2015: Jamie Raven divides Twitter as fans expose mind-boggling magic trick
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity